Spatial Re-Configuration through Mathematical Optimization
Background and aim:
The spatial configuration of a building can be abstracted as a network of functional spaces that influences the functionality of a building in terms of movements of the occupants, logistic efficiency, feasibility of social distancing, safety of routing, and security. The aim of the research is to propose a systematic way of configuring buildings in 3D to optimally meet functional requirements pertaining to such factors etc.
- How to optimize the allocation of spaces in a building based on a program of requirements, and a set of criteria concerning accessibility and visibility?
- To design and implement a computational 3D layout methodology.
- Operations Research (Mathematical Optimization)
- Quadratic Assignment Problem
- Computational Topology and Graph Theory
- Computer Programming (Python/C#)