Cheetah, the CONFIGURBANIST
A tool suite for analysing/designing urban configuration, funded by passion, 2012_current [new open-source release coming soon]
Team: Dr.ir. P. Nourian, ir. S. Rezvani
Note: The software is provided “AS IS”, without warranty of any kind.
Cheetah_the ONFIGURBANIST is a plugin for configurational analysis in urban design projects, made as an add on for grasshopper©. Cheetah is to be a proof of concept for a larger package named as CONFIGURBANIST. Cheetah_the ONFIGURBANIST is a plugin for configurational analysis in urban design projects, made as an add on for grasshopper©; Cheetah is to be a proof of concept for a larger package named as CONFIGURBANIST. This package (Cheetah) is provided “as is” at the moment, without any responsibility for the developers in case of any (potential) damages to the work or materials of users. We hereby acknowledge that we have learnt a lot from the extremely useful plugin SpiderWeb in the course of developing Cheetah, and we are thankful for that. I have enjoyed working with my friend Dr. José Nuno Beirão on a related project in 2010 and 2011, thanks to him for all the good ideas he inspired me. Between 2011 and 2013, I benefited from comments and ideas of Dr. Meta Berghauser Pont on the preliminary versions of this work. I hereby thank Meta for her support and inspiration. I would like to thank my friend and colleague Ahu Sokmenoglu for the fruitful workshop we had together in Istanbul and for kindly letting me use and experiment with the GIS data of the Tarlabasi neighborhood in Istanbul provided in the example file.
- The effect of network configuration and occupancy on spatial dynamics of active mobility
- Easiest paths for walking and cycling; Combining syntactic and geographic analyses in studying walking and cycling mobility
- My PhD dissertation (see chapters 5 & 6)
- Cityscape Configuration, workshop with Philip Belesky (RMIT, AU), @ TU Wien in eCAADe 2015 - Cityscape Configuration
- URBAN DATASCOPE, workshop with Dr. Jose Nuno Beirao (TU Lisbon, PT) and Dr. Ahu Sokmenoglu (Istanbul Technical University, TK) eCAADe 2013, @TU Delft Sep 2013
- Tarlabasi DATASCOPE with, workshop with Dr. Jose Nuno Beirao (TU Lisbon, PT) and Dr. Ahu Sokmenoglu (Istanbul Technical University, TK) @ Istanbul Technical University, May 2013