Generative Configuration Design
Feed-Forward 3D Layout Optimization as to Spatial Qualities and Requirements
Background and aim:
The spatial configuration of a building can be abstracted as a network of functional spaces that influences the functionality of a building in terms of movements of the occupants, logistic efficiency, feasibility of social distancing, safety of routing, and security. The aim of the research is to propose a systematic way of configuring buildings in 3D to optimally meet functional requirements pertaining to such factors etc.
- How to computationallyHow to configure a building procedurally given a program of requirements, accessibility, and daylight requirements and complex site constraints?
- To design and implement a computational 3D layout methodology.
- Architectural Engineering
- Discrete Optimization
- Computational Topology and Graph Theory
- Computer Programming (Python)